How do you deal with the threat of identity theft? Follow Adam Levin’s 3 M’s: 1) minimize your exposure, 2) monitor your accounts, and 3) manage the damage. We discuss these techniques and much more in part two of my interview with Adam Levin, author of Swiped: How to Protect Yourself in a World Full of Scammers, Phishers, and Identity Thieves.
Adam Levin is a consumer advocate with more than 40 years of experience in security, privacy, personal finance and many other things. He is the former director of the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and current chairman and founder of CyberScout. You may have seen Adam on one of his several TV appearances, as well.
- Adam Levin’s website: https://adamlevin.com/
- Adam’s book, Swiped: https://adamlevin.com/swiped-book-adam-levin/
- CyberScout: https://www.cyberscout.com/
- Bruce Schneier’s Data and Goliath
- Kevin Mitnick’s The Art of Invisibility
- Brian Kreb’s Spam Nation and his blog
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- Consumer Federation of America
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse